How Do I Choose a Treatment Center?
Getting help for addiction is one of the most important decisions of your life. With thousands of drug addiction treatment options, you never have to face addiction alone. But you do have to make some important decisions.
Depending on the drugs of abuse, how long you’ve been addicted, previous drug addiction treatment experiences and other factors, you will need a program that offers the appropriate level of care. Residential drug addiction treatment is the most intensive, followed by day treatment, intensive outpatient care, extended care and sober living environments.
When researching drug addiction treatment centers, there are a number of questions you should ask:
- Is the facility licensed and accredited?
- Are drug detox services provided?
- Is the staff experienced and credentialed?
- Does the drug addiction treatment center treat co-occurring mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety?
- Is the program’s philosophy based on the 12-Step principles?
- What kind of reputation does the drug addiction treatment center have?
- Will treatment be individualized to your unique needs?
- What is the cost, and is insurance accepted?
- What types of therapies and activities are offered?
- Does the drug addiction treatment facility offer a family program?
Confused about your options? Call Our Experts at 855-837-1334.
Choosing the best drug addiction treatment center for your particular needs will take you one step closer to lasting recovery. Most facilities will gladly answer all of your questions and may allow you to take a tour or speak with program alumni. All you have to do is make a phone call.